To help improve the effectiveness of virtual teams and staff working remotely, Performance Excellence Partners, LLC (PEP) has partnered with Virtual Team Builders (VTB) to add a dozen virtual team-building training to its GSA schedule.
Through this training, team members and leaders learn how to:
- Implement communication skills and strategies for leading and working in virtual teams.
- Make the most of technology.
- Effectively manage and participate in virtual meetings.
- Foster feelings of inclusion and engagement with those working virtually.
- Connect, build trust, and strengthen relationships.
- Collaborate effectively and overcome barriers.
The PEP/VTB team supported the U.S. Marshall’s Service (USMS) as they transitioned to a telework environment. A series of four customized trainings helped USMS staff become familiar with the features of the USMS SharePoint environment and implement strategies to communicate and work effectively in a virtual environment.
Virtual teambuilding trainings available through PEP’s GSA Multiple Award Schedule (Contract # GS-10F-0281T, starting on page 24) include:
- Virtual Team Needs Review
- Managing Teams with Virtual Employees
- Fostering Virtual Collaboration and Innovation
- Communication Connection: Getting it Right
- Making Norms the Norm: How to Create a Team Operating Agreement
- Making Norms the Norm: Facilitated Sessions (follow-up session)
- How to Optimize Virtual Team Meetings
- Better Communication & Collaboration Using the DiSC Behavioral Profile
- Getting the Most out of SharePoint
- Myths vs. Facts
- Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting for Skype for Business
- Highly Effective Virtual Teams
Courses range from two hours to two days in length and can be delivered virtually, in person, or as a hybrid with some participants in the classroom and some participating virtually. Additional details on content, length, and cost can be found on GSA Advantage (PEP Profile, PEP GSA Schedule, starting on page 24).
PEP, a management consulting ﬁrm with 20 years of service to federal clients, was recently awarded contracts with the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Women’s Bureau at the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). PEP has established itself as a trusted partner at DOL, having completed 144 complex, multi-task workforce development projects, including 53 DOL prime contracts. PEP was named 2013 Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year by the Department of Energy and has also served the U.S. Marshalls Service, Department of Homeland Security, Office of Cyber Security and Communications, and the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Family Assistance.
VTB, a leader in virtual team effectiveness, has helped over 200 organizations, worldwide, improve the efficiency and success of their virtual teams. VTB clients include the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Forest Service, the U.S. National Archives, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline, Ernst & Young, Canadian Public Health, Ontario Ministry of Correctional Services, Employment and Social Development Canada, and the Canadian Armed Forces.